DLDD Map Viewer for Latin America
The EUROCLIMA DLDD Map Viewer
is web-based map server
that provides the necessary data, information and tools for a comprehensive analysis of the drought phenomenon and the problem of land degradation and desertification in Latin America. The web-based map server is designed to serve as a knowledge transfer platform for capacity building in Latin America and as a decision support system regarding the problems of DLDD for the region.
The map server allows to retrieved information on desertification, land degradation and drought from local to regional scales, namely:
- Socio-economic and biophysical data;
- 10-daily biophysical measurements of the fraction of Absorbed Photosynthetically Active Radiation (fAPAR) and respective anomalies derived from medium spatial resolution satellite images (SPOT-VGT);
- Time series of phenological metrics derived from medium spatial resolution satellite images (NOAA-AVHRR);
- Monthly Standardized Precipitation Index (SPI) maps derived from the Global Precipitation Climatology Centre (GPCC) monitoring products;
- Drought frequency and duration maps.
Example of the map server of the EUROCLIMA DLDD Information System